Saturday, April 9, 2016

Retirement - What's Next?

How does one get to the end of a lifetime dream?  A dream that started when I was a little girl in Texas playing school with my friends and siblings. A career that spans over 30 years?  Well it is one day at a time.  I can remember when I was going to school to become a teacher with 3 kids and a husband that I didn't think I would ever get that degree and credential.  It seemed some days that this dream was more of a nightmare than a dream come true.  I sat on the end of the bed one morning crying saying I just can't do this anymore.  That's when my superhero, the mister in my life, springs into action.  He stated unequivocally, "YOU CAN'T QUIT.  YOU WILL ALWAYS REGRET IT." And he was right as usual.  I got through that day, graduation day, and now 33 years later I'm close to retirement day.  Besides being a wife and mom, teaching has been the greatest joy in my life.  It is truly the experience of a lifetime.  I wouldn't change a thing.

For all of those out there that may be sitting on the end of your beds wondering how you will get through the day, remember the journey may be hard - but the reward in the end will be worth it.  There are only 2 days left in my teaching career and I plan to relish each one of them. 

What's next?  That is the questions people most often ask me.  I don't know what's next yet.  But I do know it will be right for this season in my life.  I had a clear message that retirement was the first step to the next with this quote that came to me on January 2, 2016 - The time is now.

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens" Ecclesiastes 3:1

I am truly blessed beyond measure.
Blessed Beyond Measure


Clara


No comments:

Post a Comment